NPR put together some useful interactive maps on the current economy and broken the data down by counties.
Here some data on Ventura County:
- Houses in Foreclosure: 1 in 239
- Unemployment Rate: 1 in 10.6 (out of 429,135 laborers)
- Median Income: $77,539
Here is some Census Data for Ventura County as well:
- The population grew by 9.3% to 823,318
- High school graduates: 82.3% (80.5% for the state of CA)
- Bachelors Degree: 30.3% (29.7% for the state of CA)
- Home ownership rate: 67.7% (57.9% for the state of CA)
- Below poverty line: 10.5% (14.2% for the state of CA)
Other Notable Articles:
- How long do you need to wait after a short sale or foreclosure to buy?
- The Real Estate Cycle
- [Video] Buy vs Rent Comparison
- Reasons to Buy a House